Friday, September 21, 2007

Hoosiers in Berlin






After the weekend in Frankfurt, I took a bus to meet fellow Hoosiers in Berlin. Lesley, a former Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar, was leading a group of Hoosiers to Germany to look into what Germans were doing with alternative energy sources. Lesley and I know each other not only though Rotary, but we also both participated in the Indiana Food & Agriculture Trade Mission to Taiwan and Vietnam last Fall.






It was a pleasure to see old and meet new faces. But also, to experience Berlin was a whole new adventure. The city holds so much history while it boasts modern architecture.






While in Berlin, I also visited the Berlin Rotary Club. It was held in the infamous Aldon Hotel, and the lunch, from what the Rotarians stated, was one of the best in the city. I had the chance to exchange club flags and experience Rotary outside of the U.S. One revelation that I had was that although English is the international language of business, one can more easily attract business by knowing the others' native language. I look forward to learning more languages as my next long term goal.


No comments: