Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fundraiser for Filipino NGO & Rotary

In the United States, my interests and extra-curricular involvement included volunteering with non-profit organizations and organizing events. Naturally, I wanted to continue this type of involvement in Holland. Emma, my friend from Holland, and I organized a fundraiser to educate indigent Filipino children. Emma is directly involved with this non-governmental organization (NGO) and after she told me about her work, together we planned to help raise money for the children.



The event was a great success. Our friends and colleagues were very open and generous to the cause, and everyone enjoyed themselves.



Matt, another Rotary scholar, and I also took this oppotunity to introduce everyone to Rotary and their educational programs. It was a perfect occasion to talk about the humanitarian work that Rotary does, as well as how it supports young people through their educational scholarships.

No comments: