Sunday, December 23, 2007

Schiermonnikoog



It was in August when I arrived to Holland and met my new friends. It's amazing how fast time flies. We all agreed that the time was too short, but definitely glad that the semester and exams were over. To help relax after exams, some friends and I took a trip to one of the northern Dutch islands, Schiermonnikoog. It was truly beautiful, and probably one of the best trips I have taken. The group was truly international including myself from the US, Barbara from Slovenia, Emma from Holland, Paul from New Zealand, and Cem from Turkey.

No cars are allowed on the island so it was very nice and peaceful. We cooked good food, enjoyed good wine, relaxed, and enjoyed each others' company. It was a nice feeling to not have the hustle and bustle of everyday life, or even the fast pace schedule of sightseeing when traveling. This is a place that I will definitely return to in the future.




No comments: