Thursday, October 4, 2007

Indiana, Our Indiana ... the Founding Fathers in the Netherlands


As most of you know, I'm proud to be a Hoosier! With three degrees from Indiana University, it's tough not to be proud of your alma mater. As a result, when I arrived to Holland, my first instinct was to see if there was an IU Alumni Chapter established.

There was not a chapter established, so I took on the responsibility and initiative to get one going. From my experience serving on the Board of the Central Indiana Chapter of the IUAA, I was able to organize our first meeting of the Founding Fathers.

Four of us met at Vakzuid, a Bar/Restaurant in Amsterdam located in the Historic Olympic Stadium. Our group consisted of two Dutch, and two Americans (including myself). Although my Hoosier experiences were more recent than some others, it was interesting to hear stories about what the others took away from their time at IU and Indiana. We look forward to building our group and getting more folks involved.

No comments: