Thursday, August 16, 2007

Leiden, Netherlands


Leiden is an amazing college town. It is the home to Leiden University, the oldest Dutch university. Since my time at Indiana University-Bloomington was so amazing, I chose Leiden for it's location in a small college town. As you can see from the pictures, it is very beautiful, lined with canals and shops along the road and alleyways. People from all over come to Leiden to visit and enjoy its beauty and small town offerings.

Everything is accessible by walking. In these past few days, and for the next year, I have walked more than I ever have. It's great exercise, and actually enjoyable to be among the city's life.

I have discovered the supermarkets, university buildings, and city shops. In these next few posts, you'll get a glimpse of what Leiden looks like.




No comments: